Pssst… There’s a special invitation for a FREE Webinar at the bottom of this post, make sure you don’t miss it!
Smartphones have taken over the world.
There’s no denying it any longer. Whether you welcome it or not, mobile has become a natural part of our daily lives. You don’t have to be “tech-y” to know that.
We’ve become so attached to our phones that life without them sounds… almost unimaginable.
Don’t deny it – you feel weird and “naked” when you don’t have your phone on you. Or if you go out and it dies on you unexpectedly… with no charger in sight! You might have a mini-freak out.
“How am I gonna get home?! What if someone texts me?! What if someone needs to get ahold of me and I don’t have my phone on me and I don’t see they called and then I don’t know what to do and….”
I get you. It’s not just you.
We’ve become so attached to our phones, we often can’t imagine life without it.
(and if you’re reading this totally baffled that some people are this into their phones… then I salute you! Way to go on sticking to your traditional roots!)
[You might also like: 3 Easy Ways to Get More Subscribers for Your Email Newsletter]
Because of this mobile movement – you have to also make sure your business is moving right along with the mobile lifestyle so you don’t miss out on potential opportunities and customers.
I came across this awesome (and gorgeously designed, might I add) infographic. And if you love pretty visuals as much as I do (and I know you do!), I think you’ll enjoy checking it out to help you further understand why mobile is so important.
Source: Text Marketer
If you are looking to do mobile marketing then try SMS reseller software by UltraSMSScript, you will be able to send text messages to your new and old customers.
Let’s break it down.
Here are the biggest insights from the infographic:
- There’s an actual name for the fear of leaving your house without the phone (wait, why am I even surprised?).
- Pretty much every single person has a cell phone on or near them at all times. Like… all. the. time.
[Tweet “Wow! 91% of Adults have their phone within arms reach 24/7. @xokammie”]
- People would rather give up chocolate for a week than give up their phone! (The audacity!)
- Some people would rather give up their computer than give up their cell phone (well, cell phones are like mini-computers… so it makes sense, I guess).
- Most people in the world use their phones as their main way to access the Internet.
- The number of people using cell phones (mobile adoption) is growing suuuuper fast. Like, way wayy faster than when people first started using the Internet on a large scale in the early 2000s.
- We use mobile more than any media and look at our phones on average 150 times per day! (now isn’t that a wake up call… just think of how much we might be missing out on in the real world. Or how much time we might be wasting. But that’s another topic for another day)
Are you surprised? Shocked? Neutral? Unfazed?
So what do we do with all these facts? It’s pretty clear that mobile isn’t something we can ignore. Ensuring your business is mobile-friendly is crucial to your business success IF you have a market that uses mobile (which you do. If you think you don’t then, err.. take a look at the facts again, why don’t you, darling?).
You have to get your business up-to-date with the mobile movement if you want to succeed.
[Tweet “If your business isn’t mobile-friendly, you’re limiting your reach! It’s time to fix this.”]
If your business is not mobile-friendly it might cost you potential customers!
To further break down this important movement for you…
I’ve got some more eye-opening facts:
- Nearly 3/4ths of Facebook users access the platform via mobile at least some of the time (Digital Buzz Blog) and more than 189 million users (that’s about one out of five) access the social network ONLY from their mobile phones (Fast Company) – imagine how many people you might be unintentionally excluding from being exposed to your fabulous business if it’s not mobile-friendly!
- Mobile ads perform 4-5 times better than online ads (iMedia Connection) – how powerful is that?!
- 75% of Americans admit to bringing their phone with them to the bathroom (CBS News) and 15% admitted to answering their phone while having sex (Wilson Electronics). If that’s not serious attachment, I don’t know what is!
- Americans spend an average of 158 minutes on their phones and tablets every day. (Flurry) That’s more than 2 and a half hours every single day!
I hope this opened your eyes up to what’s going on – mobile isn’t just a trend, it’s a way of life for most of us. And it’s a hugely important thing for us, solopreneurs, to keep in mind when going about business as usual. When I work with solopreneurs, I always make sure to stay on top of these things. So when it makes sense for you, we can see how you can implement it into your own business.
So how can you get your business up-to-speed with the mobile movement?
What are some things you can do TODAY that will help your business get in front of all these people and keep their interest while they are on their phones?
Thankfully a lot of these things are simple fixes and tweaks to ensure your business is where it should be. There are also some specific marketing strategies you might consider for your business. Want to know what these are?
If you’re interested in finding out, I invite you to watch my FREE webinar replay about this very topic.